Wednesday, February 9, 2011

My new calling

So this last sunday, I was apart to be the Relief Society secretary. I am excited to be able to get to know everyone better! I was just thinking about how I was set apart, and the different things that were said for me, but also the things that were said for the other sisters in the presidency. It reminded me how amazing the priesthood is, and the way it works. The words were so different for all of us, and really tailored to us! It reminded me Heavenly Father really knows me personally! I was waiting for my turn to be set apart, and I remember just thinking, man it would be nice to just know that everything is going to work out! I was told, if I did my best at this calling, and gave it my all, that I would be successful in every aspect of my life. That is just one more assurance that Heavenly Father knows Me!
I went over some of my duties on Monday, and ever since, I am nervous, and have thoughts of what if? Like what if I can't do everything? What if I forget something? What if I can't learn every ones names? This morning it dawned on me, that is satan! I was blessed with what I need to succeed at this calling when I was set apart, and I just need to do my best and my Heavenly Father will help! It is crazy that satan does not want you to succeed, and will do what he can, and make you feel like you can't do it. I am excited for this new calling!

posted from Bloggeroid

1 comment:

Alli said...

Wow! Big calling! I have no doubt that you can do it very well. Congrats!