Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Drum roll please.

And babysitter of the year award goes to yours truly... yep you heard it right... Here's how I got nominated... Parked the car on the road (it is a hill) and put the emergency brake on.. Found a wire dangling from said car a couple days before... Went to take car to the park, and go to pull the release latch, oh it won't release the emergency brake, yep that cord snapped ( that said cord I found a couple days earlier)... Next-Take the kids to the park... Things are going good, right before we leave we swing on the tire swing... yep, I spun them... We drive to my house to stop for a min before we come home... Little boy tells me he is NOT feeling well, but he can make it home... We had just left my house, and were not even 5 mins away, and that is right... ALL over.. He threw up! Back to my house to clean him up, since 20 mins is WAY too far for us to drive with that smell... and last, here is the reason why I won... I see 8 yr old boy with a black permanent marker before school, and think... I should take that away, then I think, eh if he has it, his mom is probably okay with it... Fast forward to later that day... I just finished cleaning downstairs since parents are coming home, and I want it to look nice... I am walking up the stairs, and I am looking at all the pictures on the wall... Wait, there wasn't a black line on moms tooth before, umm... Is that permanent marker? Yep, sure is... That, is why I am the babysitter of the year! What is that saying, Quit while your ahead? Well thanks to goo gone, I am ahead, and the marker came off. I sure love those kids, and there was a lot of really good moments too!

No comments: