Wednesday, June 17, 2009

They grow so fast!




So a couple nights ago, one of my brother-in-laws rabbits had babies. This was kind of unexpected. He was however trying to breed her, but had no reason to believe she was pregnant, until one day saw the signs that she would have babies soon. He put the box in, and checked, and these little guys were not even a full day old. I came home from work, and ended up trying to help warm these little guys up. They were cold to the touch because the mom had not pulled enough fur, and they were squeaking lots, which Wayne informed me was not a good sign. He told me rabbits don't make noise unless there is something wrong. Well after we had a couple things to try and get them warm, Wayne realized the incubator was still set up from when he had done the chicks. We put them in there, and later that night put them back outside in hopes the mom would still nurse them! It has been about a week, and their eyes should open on Sunday, and all of them have survived! What fighters they are!






This little brown bunny in the above pictures is my bunny Annabelle. She has grown so fast! It has been fun though because she knows me. She is a really docile rabbit. I finally decided I wanted a bunny since the dog thing wasn't working out so well.

No comments: