Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Home sweet Home!






























So here are some photos of our house, and just a few of the animals that Wayne my brother-in-law has! ( The picture with the cows laying down is for Afton and Mike, with all the rain it explains why they have been laying down so much! :D) The past two years, I have been able to go on a cattle drive with my friend Afton. It is so pretty in Pendleton Oregon! I realized on Monday, that it was just preparing me for what was to come that day! Monday I had off with Landon, and we had planned on going shopping for a new toilet, and sink, because we are finally putting in a bathroom downstairs. Well as I was going upstairs to get ready, I just happened to glance out the window. (The horses in the picture are not actually ours, they are our neighbors. Our neighbor is a retired horse jockey, and so that is all the animals he owns.) Well I happened to see a cow in front of his horse trailor, and I think to myself that is odd that he tied the cow up to the trailor, and that he even got a cow! I looked a little closer and it looked like Waynes cow. Well I went running downstairs as fast as I could, and told Landon and we went outside to get him back into the pasture. As I was opening the gate, and making sure the other cow didn't get out as well, I turned to see Landon running with a long 2 by 4 chasing Blackie. I jumped behind the fence, since it looked like he was going to charge me, and instead of running into the pasture he came back by me behind the fence. I went running the other direction a little nervous. ( I know Afton what a true cowgirl am I! :D Later when I talked to Wayne, I found out he has started charging.) So we were back to square one with the cow. Another minute goes by, and the cow came running my way again, but this time I was brave and stepped out just enough, and we finally got him back in. It was a very interesting day! The perks of living on a farm!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Well, it looks like I didn't teach you too much about being a "cowgirl"! Glad your living on a bitty farm. It's so much fun. I miss it and love going home for that reason! Those bunnies are so cute. I need to come visit someday.

Alli said...

I didn't know you lived on a farm! Where is that?? I love the bunnies, i've always loved bunnies but I'm allergic to them, so I don't get to snuggle them like I would want to. Also, Davin takes me shooting and I like the handguns SO much better cause they don't beat up my shoulder!