Thursday, August 26, 2010

Random Thoughts


So this last Sunday, we had some really good lessons in Relief Society and in Sunday School. I love the lady that taught Relief Society, and really wouldn't mind turning out like her! The topic in Relief Society was... (Can you guess?!) Patience. SERIOUSLY!? I have been having a HARD HARD time with that one lately!! There have just been a lot of things going on! Well we pulled into our drive way on Sunday after church, and I don't remember what the hubby and I were talking about, but for some reason he looked at me and was like you just need to have patience. I looked right back at him and said being completely honest, I don't have patience, and I really don't want it right now either. I really could have cared less for it at that point in my day. I didn't care. Well anyway, my Ipod has been having some major issues right now, and it stinks because for my job, I rely on it a little too much. I do data entry for the post office, and am keying pretty much the same thing over and over and over again, so if I don't have something to listen to, the time drags, and I end up taking the early out offers when I really should be staying and getting the hours. Anyway, so I was putting music on a Ipod nano that we had, and decided to put some Michael McLean on there. I grew up watching his videos and had an amazing experience of being able to sing in the Forgotten Carols my senior yr of High School. So today as I was working some of my favorites of his songs came on. I am so thankful for the power that music has!! A lot of the songs brought me so much peace. I feel like because I want something, and I want it my way when I think it should be right, that when I pray, fast, etc, I feel like I am being ignored, even though I know I am not. I listened to his song Will He Really Answer Me, and it really just hit home, and gave me the reminder I needed. Also because it was in a song, it was easier to hear. It is hard sometimes when people are saying one thing, because I just don't want to hear it, but thanks to music and its power, I can. It was nice to be able to have a quiet place at work where my mind can still think and go over things without anything bugging me, so I was able to hear that message today! It gave the little bit of peace I needed!

No comments: